[MPlayer-users] Re: Quicktime: "No 'moov' atom could be found"

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Fri Aug 29 18:25:51 CEST 2003

Erik Slagter wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>Wrong: first (afaik)  there's no mpeg1-ts, only mpeg2-ts, second there's
>>a standard  way
>>to put mpeg4-es (Audio/Video and even more) both  in mpeg2-ts and mpeg2-ps.
>>

>Hmmm, I have only seen the name mpeg1-ps. But that's not that important
>actually I think. I have never seen mpeg4-es in mpeg2-ps, so I assumed
>it is not possible, and... why is there a thing like mp4 file format
>then?

I can tell you why there's the possibility to embed mpeg4 in mpeg2: to
maintain compatibility with
broadcast transmissions (always in mpeg2-ts) such as DVB and ATSC

> I once tried to make an mpeg file (-of mpeg) with mpeg4es in it
>with mencoder, but mencoder didn't quite like it ;-)

because the patch is 1 week old, and because the mpeg muxer in mplayer
doesn't support such thing (and is broken).

>>In my last patch to demux_ts I implemented one of the two ways to demux
>>audio and video from -ts streams.
>>

>Now only mencoder is left ;-)

you can write the necessary patch  and send it to
mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu   :)