[MPlayer-users] Lost Pause key?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Mar 4 23:53:07 CET 2003

David Philippi wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 22:37, Corey Hickey wrote:
>
>>What key are you using to pause?
>

> P which worked from the first time I tried MPlayer up to a short time ok.
>

>>Does mplayer complain on the terminal, like "No bind found for key X"?
>

> No, nothing happens at all.
>

>>What happens if you define a pause key in input.conf? Does it work then?
>

> What's the format for input.conf? Couldn't find it in the manpage. But your
> automatic RTFM is a good idea still - while doing a double check I found that
> space is an alias and it works. OK, the problem that p shouldn't have stopped
> working remains still.
>
> Bye David

It's a little odd that nothing happens at all when you hit p. Perhaps p
got re-bound to one of the OSD menu functions or something.

The syntax of input.conf is really easy. Just lots of <key> <command>
lines, like this:

p pause
SPACE pause

Take a look in the etc directory of your mplayer sources. Several
example configuration files reside there.

The space bar is easier to hit anyway. :)

-Corey