[MPlayer-users] Video garbled on G400 machine

Chris Carlen crobc at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 8 20:27:45 CET 2003

Hi:

Suse 8.1 on Pentium3 Asus P3BF with Matrox G400 video,

Suse's mplayer replaced with mplayer 0.90pre10-3.2 compiled from source.

When I try to play a movie, either Quicktime or Windows media, mplayer
doesn't make a little window showing the movie, but instead a bunch of
"noise" appears as stripes of changing pixels of colors, in the top 10%
of the screen.

However, on a different machine with Suse 8.1 and mplayer 0.90pre10-3.2
compiled from source, mplayer works fine.  Thus, I suspect a problem
with the G400 and video config on the P3 machine, but I don't know how
to fix it.

I tried a bunch of different options for the G400, but nothing worked so
far.

I also tried compiling the more recent 0.90rc4 version on the problem
machine, but it has the same problem.

Thanks for assistance.

Good day!

--