[MPlayer-users] RE: VBR sync problem

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Sun Mar 30 09:06:47 CEST 2003

I have a similar problem - the video is slower than the audio,
apparently no matter what codec I use for either audio or video.

I'm also beginning to suspect that there is an underlying broken lib
somewhere.

I *think* this problem began to manifest itself after I installed some
other video software - kino, mjpeg tools, and avidemux.  I've tried to
sort out the resulting RPM mess, but I can't seem to go back to the
magic mix of libs that allow mplayer to run correctly.

I have some big HDs coming this week; I may just reinstall RedHat 8.0
from scratch.  It's probably quicker than trying to fix the libs. I
don't know of any way to ask rpm to delete all of the unneeded RPMs once
the main apps are gone....

And I don't know enough to start guessing which lib might be at fault.

--Yan

Yan Seiner, PE  (_)\(_)     ,>/'_   o__     o__
Cardinal Engineering, Inc. (_)\(_)  ,>/'_   ,>/'_
http://www.cardinalengineering.com (_)\(_) (_)\(_)
spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq