[MPlayer-users] Recording streaming video?

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 15:26:52 CET 2004

Hi,

On Sunday 12 Dec 2004 13:45, John Francis Lee wrote:
> I need to record a video stream, a real video stream.
> When I try the mplayer -dumpstream and the URL mplayer dumps core.

After doing mplayer -dumpstream, check for a file called "stream.dump" in the
current directory. That probably contains the stream. (Hint: "Core dumped" is
followed by a ":-)")

You may also need to include -playlist before the URL; I think a .smil file
might just be a pointer to the actual stream.

Stephen