[MPlayer-users] Multiple audio streams when ripping dvds

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Mon Feb 2 13:55:16 CET 2004

funny thread..

mplayer itself handles mulitple audio streams very well.
standalone players like some elta models can do it.

i _always_ do 2 audio-streams and i _mostly_ watch the english version,
though i am german. some movies are hard to understand, so it is very good,
if you have an alternative. also i don't make my movies only for myself. i
might have guests or lend away.. not everybody speaks english well enough..
and personally i can't stand subs.

mulitple audio in avi is a very old and very well working thing and it is
really too bad mencoder isn't supporting it, because otherwise i would have
switched to linux already also for encoding..

/jc