[MPlayer-users] 3:2 pulldown

Martin Emrich martin at emmerator.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 9 17:20:13 CET 2004

Hi!

Am Mi, den 07.01.2004 schrieb Martin Emrich um 00:51:

> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:33:26 -0500
> "D Richard Felker III" <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> Done. Hacked the AVI to 25fps. Sox will hopefully take care of the audio.

I made the audio (25/23.976) times faster (this went correct, as
(audiolength_before/audiolength_after) == (25/23.976)) and muxed the
audio file back into the hacked avi with "-oac copy -ovc copy -audiofile
audio-25.wav". But all I get is terrible audio desync. That much for a
PAL SVCD.

One other thing I tried it to use -fps 29.97 -ofps 29.97 -vf telecine to
make an NTSC SVCD (my standalone player can handle NTSC, too). But this
gives horrible quality after recoding with vcodec=mpeg2video. Any other
hints ? How do you out there convert a FILM video source to DVD or SVCD?

Ciao

Martin