[MPlayer-users] Bitrate confusion

Jack lt at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 20 04:10:58 CEST 2004

rcooley wrote:

>OTOH, it certainly would be a much nicer solution if an "autocrop"
>filter was written, that would handle such things, the same way
>autoaspect does.

But, (and correct me if I'm wrong), the proper crop margins can only be
determined after viewing the entire video (or at least a significant
portion of it), unless there is movement along every edge of the video
in the very first 2 frames.  So because of this, cropdetect needs to be
run separately from the encoding, unlike autoaspect, which has all the
information it needs as soon as the video is loaded.

-lt