[MPlayer-users] Mencoder claims seek failed on stdin, even though the format is a stream

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Jun 6 02:20:43 CEST 2004

I wrote:

> I am trying to encode a DV stream in realtime.
>
> Mencoder constantly shows "seek failed" errors. But why should it need
> seeking for a DV stream? I am telling it to demuse the DV stream as
> such, using -demuxer 22 (without this it simply results in failure, and
> I can even understand why).

Well, I read the raw DV demuxer code, and the problem was there.

I have started hacking the code to work with stdin. This is likely to
turn into a separate demuxer for "streamed raw DV stream", as some
features, notably seeking, just get lost on the way; OR I would need to
somehow pass an option to the demuxer. If I get it to work, I'll show up
in mplayer-devel to discuss this; I think Imight not be the only one who
would want to demux raw dv from stdin.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik