[MPlayer-users] Question about scrubbing....

matta matta at rsp.com.au
Wed Mar 31 09:30:53 CEST 2004

hello, I've just joined this list because I couldn't find any other way
to contact people
working on this project...

I work in a vfx company in adelaide australia.... and we've been using
mplayer as part of
our production pipleline for more than a year now...  however we've
tended not to use it .. and
instead use framecycler to do our film approvals and dailies....
because ...

we can't step back and forth between frames using mplayer (ie. left and
right arrow to step one
frame forward/back in a quicktime) , we tend to generate sorrenson 3
quicktimes to deliver to
clients and end up having to use tif image sequences and framecycler
when conferencing
with clients (or quicktime player on mac) to refer to specific frames
(which is not ideal).

This is something I wanted to ask the developers/other users about in
case there is a way already
and I've just missed it completely.

thanks.

ps. you can look at our website (http://www.rsp.com.au) to see a list of
movies we would have
used mplayer for... if it had this feature available.   :)

ta!

--
matthew aldous
systems administrator - matta at rsp.com.au
rising sun pictures - www.rsp.com.au
redefining visual effects delivery
adl - ph +61 8 7421 6400 - fx +61 8 7421 6401
syd - ph +61 2 9338 6400 - fx +61 2 9338 6401