[MPlayer-users] MPEG2 VIDEO encoding..

Jeff Clagg snacky at ikaruga.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 02:31:50 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 08:07:56PM -0400, EFlyers wrote:
> I have played around abit., but I have trouble trying to discern which
> parameters will work with the mpeg2video codec and which do not..

Please see the brand new file DOCS/tech/encoding-guide.txt which is now
in CVS. In particular, section "II.2 Constraints of DVD, SVCD, and VCD"

I think this covers most major issues other than the fact that you need
48000khz audio. The guide is brand new, so if you have any suggestions
for improvements, do say so.