[MPlayer-users] mplayer and fglrx [gl] Could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty

DP Debian_Poland at o2.pl
Sat Apr 1 19:08:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using Debian Sid with Radeon 9200.
Recently i Upgraded system with new version of fglrx driver and never version of
mplayer.
Before upgrade it worked smoothly.

After upgrade I got a message during mplayer startup:
[gl] could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty
and mplayer slowed down dramatically.

Do you have any idea what may be the cause of this problem?
How should look preferences of mplayer for fglrx driver?
There are two gl drivers available: gl and gl2 The situation is the same for
both of them
I have also checked: Enable double buffering, Enable direct rendering, Enable
frame dropping .

>From the driver perspective all looks fine because gl benchmarks runs with the
same performance as they used to.
It seems like mplayer problem.

Any help appreciated.
Please reply also directly as I am not on the list. Thanks.

All the best,
DP