[MPlayer-users] DVBT transport stream repair anyhow ?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 10:39:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/14/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  From my Siemens m740 DVBT-receiver I have a recording, which seems
>  to be defective somehow.
>
>  I tried to do the following:
>
>  mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -o <out.mpg>  -oac copy -ovc copy <in.ts>
>
>  which produces a lot of "noise" and the resulting video was "crypted"
>  partly.
>
>  Is there any way to rebuild a partly defective stream -- with "partly
>  defective" I think it is more format specific and or frame related
>  than a greater sequence of I,B,Ps is completly data garbage -- so
>  that other tools and the encoding will not have problems later on ?

Only artists like Cesar can produce art from garbage.
In signal processing, you can't produce anything better than
garbage-like stuff from garbage data.

I'd suggest trying a different decoder, i.e try to append -vfm ffmpeg
to see if you like that kind of decode better.

Guillaume

is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.