[MPlayer-users] old computer

Hulin Thibaud hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 9 17:29:38 CEST 2006

Thanks ! I success to compile mplayer with cvs for my pentium mmx. I
suppose this product a best work, but for the moment, it's not enough to
watch a film.
So, the sound is good with the -ao oss option. I keep the -xv option
finally, but I rode that -vo dga is very well ; unfortunelly, I can't
use this option : "can't get modeline" message appear.
I try others options, as -hardframedrop or (exclusively) -framedrop. I
use the direct rendering (-dr), and -lavdopts
fast:skiploopfilter=all:lowres=1
I have always a correct sound, but for the anime : or the image is
jerked (with or hard or soft framedrop), or the image is deformed and
forms are not fix.
So, I tryed too read a divx by the net, from vlc to mplayer
(http://192.168.1.10:8080). That works, but it's not better.
Do I compile my kernel ?

Regards,
Thibaud.