[MPlayer-users] graphic mixing question

Niklas Fondberg niklas.fondberg at tilgin.com
Mon Jun 26 14:33:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I have a questin that might be off topic but after searching the net and
mailing lists I give in and hope for some help on this list.

I wonder what the best way to mix graphics written to a framebuffer over
decoded video is. I can't change the way the graphics is written to the
device, it has to be directly to a linux framebuffer device.

My hope is that there are some generic way of doing it without bying a
fancy XYZ graphics card but if I must I'll do that.

Flow overview:
userapp -> /dev/fbX
/dev/video -> player -> /dev/fbX ???

Kind regards and thanks for a great software!
Niklas Fondberg