[MPlayer-users] Re: Moderate some users

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Wed May 3 11:20:57 CEST 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/3/06, Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:
>
>> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> [snip]
>>

>> > Now people, please vote!
>> >

>> I vote no: although Rich's style is often harsh, it seems to always come
>> with relevant and correct information, and I would not like to see
>> *that* delayed by 24h. Also, he seems to limit himself to rather generic
>> insults, no slurs about race or gender of nationality or political
>> opinions. All that places him in a class by himself, definitely not a
>> netkook!
>

> In case I wasn't explicit: I'm talking about moderating only the users
> mailing list...
>
> No matter how this vote turns out, I'm happy to see what people have
> to say about ppl's attitude on our mailing lists. After all, if a
> majority of ppl can stand hash communication, that's good ;)

Not at all what I meant. I am against uncivilized behavior in general;
but I'm willing to tolerate it when it is the price for valuable info. I
know that I will have to tackle interlacing issues in my stuff sooner or
later, and I know who I will have to ask then, and I know I will have to
put on my asbestos suit and take my beta-blockers...

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be