[MPlayer-users] Re: Default subtitle font

Fri Apr 20 02:08:55 CEST 2007

Hi José Filipe!

 On 2007.04.19 at 23:34:25 +0000, José Filipe wrote next:

> > Anyway, autoscale=2 doesn't care about widescreen at all - there should
> > be no difference between 672x288 and 672x504. And it should be very
> > similar to 640x480. If subtitle fonts are too small in 640x480, just
> > increase font size.. If they are smaller in 672x288 than in 640x480,
> > maybe something is wrong with your font setup or it's quartz driver
> > bug...
> >

> The macosx driver also gives me the same problems. What can I do to
> see if it's a driver issue or a font issue?

Which problem, font size differs a lot between your widescreen video and
640x480 video?

> Tested it and the OSD font suck. Too small and with really bad quality. It seems
> that is scales according to the resolution of the movie.

It always scales them according to resolution (hence autoscale), but it
means that quartz driver puts subtitles on video and then renders it as
a whole, like most drivers do.

> > All this is related only to OSD and simple text subtitles. DVD vobsubs
> > and libass-rendered subtitles are different story.
> >

> All my tests are done with SRT subtitles but with ass activated in the config.
> So, in my case, don't all the subtitles get processed through libass?

I don't know how libass rendering works together with autoscale. "font"
option may be ignored too. Try disabling ass for this test.

--

Vladimir