[MPlayer-users] Move mouse to disable screensaver

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 12:55:45 CET 2008

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 05:49:56PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Quite some time ago, MPlayer used to disable screensaver
>> automatically when run and enable it again on its own, but this
>> seems to have fallen by the wayside with some now-long-ago changes
>> to make the screensaver-related code more generic and less
>> implementation-specific; it hasn't worked at all for me ever since.
>> I don't really miss it much anymore, either, but it certainly
>> bothered me at the time.
>
> Well, you have to configure it with -heartbeat-cmd to run the command
> that pings/disables your screensaver.

This would work now, yes (assuming that the command to disable the
screensaver does not make it necessary to later use a *different*
command to re-enable it, as is the case with 'xset s off' and 'xset s
on'), but the original breakage I was talking about came long before I
remember any mention of '-heartbeat-cmd' on the development lists -
years before, in fact, IIRC.

--
    The Wanderer

    My usual .sig is on vacation while I adjust to my new computer