[MPlayer-users] Font download

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Jan 1 19:21:43 CET 2008

On Tuesday, 01 January 2008 at 16:36, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for off topic. m(_ _)m

Well, it's the New Year's Day, so I hope people will forgive us. ^_-

> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] Font download
>   Date & Time: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 14:19:02 +0100
>
> [Dominik] == "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <dominik at rangers.eu.org> has written:
>
> Krzysztof>>> Gomen.
>
> Me>> Wow, you know Japanese! But, why?
>
> Dominik> That's because there are a lot of anime fans in Poland. ;)
>
> Anime!
> I'm a senior, so I don't see (read?) anime at all.
>
> BTW. Do the Polish people enjoy animes with Japanese edition, not
> transrated edition?

Well, I don't read manga, but from what my friends tell me, not everything
gets published here and the translation is not always so good. Some are even
translated from English translation, not directly from Japanese, so you
might guess the consequences. So, some of my friends import their manga
from the US or - if they know Japanese better than me - directly from Japan.

Personally I just watch English anime fansubs and whatever anime gets
published here if the translation is good. We have a fairly large and
active community of people who watch and write reviews, so you can decide
if it's worth buying beforehand.

> Dominik> Though that's not the only reason *I* am learning this language.
>
> Dominik> 明けましておめでとうございます!
>
> Perfect Japanese! Your usage fulfils the conditons of time, place, and
> occation!

^_^ Thanks.

> Uhm, the Polish people seems to be good at languages....

Well, there might be some truth to it. Most of the people I know have
learned at least one or two foreign languages at school. It's part of the
compulsory education.

Regards,
R.

--