[MPlayer-users] Momentary hiccup between mp3 tracks.

Nicodemus Allen-Tonar nallen-tonar at playnetwork.com
Thu Sep 10 18:41:04 CEST 2009

While playing back mp3 files with mplayer in slave mode using ALSA there
is a short audio hiccup/artifact between tracks. I believe this is
caused by stopping or skipping to the end of a track. There is also
another, smaller artifact right at the start of the next track, but this
is of less concern to me. These artifacts appear with no regard to the
mixer volume, so I can't just set the volume to 0 or mute between track
changes to fix the problem. Is there some way to force mplayer to
zero-fill it's buffer so that no artifacts are played during skipping or
stopping?

Thanks much,

~Nicodemus Allen-Tonar