[MPlayer-users] Linux viceo editor?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Aug 14 14:24:24 CEST 2010

> Because of this I don't think it's very likely that FOSS will ever come
> up with something on the level of something like Final Cut, Premiere or
> After Effects unless someone commissions one, pays millions of units of
> currency to develop it, then gives it away.

You're probably right, but that wasn't the question anyway. The features
that have been asked for are all to be found in the GPL program
"VirtualDub", which unfortunately only runs on Windows.

It does not compete with Final Cut or Premiere, but the limited set of
features it offers do a great job on many of the little video editing
tasks a video hobbyist has every other day.

Greets,
Kiste