[MPlayer-users] TrueHD

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jan 25 21:56:32 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 07:07:38PM -0600, Rolf Ernst wrote:
> >  I think you'll have to update your MinGW installation, I think mingw-runtime
> > 3.15 is what's required
> >

> >  Will do, although I compiled two days ago ...
> >
> > Thanks for your patience. Alles gute ...
> >
> > You are correct. It seems to require a higher version (first time usleep is
> used). Sort of throws me a curve ball as it took me days to set up an
> environment that would actually compile mplayer (the gnu compiler doesn't
> work) and now I can't get the thing to configure any longer.

Hm.. it really shouldn't be so much of an issue.
Just doing a default install of MinGW and MSYS without doing anything
special should allow you to compile MPlayer - even though you might want
to add support for a few more things (in particular the patch to properly
support > 2GB files http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/misc/file64_mingw.diff).
And since you already had it running, it _should_ only be a matter of running
the mingw installer again and let it update everything...
Well, maybe it still isn't quite as easy, maybe I should try to do a up-to-date
guide again one of these days - though I am just using cross-compilation with
Gentoo these days.

> Well, maybe I'll wait for someone to throw out another binary.

For files <= 2GB (larger files will have issues with seeking) I can offer you
this build, so you can at least test if everything now works again:
http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/mplayer-i586.exe