[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer and XMMS

Sun Mar 3 20:11:00 CET 2013

Hi Elio Blanca!

 On 2013.03.03 at 17:15:46 +0100, Elio Blanca wrote next:

> A library (libxmms.so.1) is NOT a full application, it does NOT need
> a gui: no gimp toolkit, no buttons, no events, no pixmaps, no fonts,
> no audio library, nothing at all. Maybe some file manipulating
> routine.
> I mean, the core routines mplayer needs in order to access the old
> xmms plugins have to be "simple", have not they? Further, I believe
> they not to be so many.

Yes, but to satisfy requirements of plugin itself you need all the
required functions available. Lots of plugins have gui configuration and
such and thus require gtk functions (not sure if they link & do gtk
calls themselves or do it through some libxmms api).

Regarding other mail: you don't even need virtualization to compile such
thing, chroot with old system will do.
I'm not sure if ubuntu offers something similar to fedora's mock which
will make environment for any version for you and build package there
automatically, but at very least you can make chroot yourself.

--

Vladimir