[MPlayer-users] My cropping question revisited.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 27 17:56:23 CEST 2013

On Friday 27 September 2013 11:33:30 houghi did opine:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 07:20:35AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > It will be time consuming to duplicate my setup with linuxcnc, and
> > thats asking way too much of the list.
>
> The ONLY thing I am asking is to give the output of e.g.
> houghi at penne : mplayer -option 1 -option 2 -option 3 /dev/video0
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r35127-4.7-openSUSE Linux 12.3 (x86_64)-Packman (C)
> 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> <Snip all the rest of the output. Please do NOT snip it showing yours!>
>
> The above would already be a good start. Do that next week when you can
> get to the hardware. (Obviously with the command and output you use)

I don't believe the camera is even plugged in, so all we get out of that
ATM is the mplayer version.  From an ssh -Y session:

gene at shop:~/linuxcnc/configs/my-mill-atom$ mplayer /dev/video0
MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing /dev/video0.
File not found: '/dev/video0'
Failed to open /dev/video0.

Exiting... (End of file)

So the camera is not plugged in.  I'll see if I can run the wifes hands to
get it plugged in when she returns from the DMV*, trying to acquire one of
those blue hang tags for the rear view mirror that lets us park in a
handicapped space.

That remote control may, or may not work, she is essentially computer
illiterate.  Retired music teacher & wouldn't know a USB plug if it bit
her. :)  But I'll try.

*DMV = Department of Motor Vehicles.

> That way people here have much more to work with and giving advice and
> feedback to you becomes not so much a guessing game.
>
> houghi
>
> >   Artist : Acda en De Munnik
> >
> >     Song : Als Je Bij Me Weggaat
> >
> >    Album : Adem

Have not heard of that one, never been across the little salt pond. Born
too late to have the military foot the bill I guess.  Played one of the
youtube hits, pretty good even if I don't understand what I perceive as
German.  The world has lots of talented music makers. :)

Thanks Houghi.